QlikView allows variables to be added via the script and variable editor.
Sometimes you’ll come across dashboards, maybe you have created with countless variables,
- how do we know if they’re still in use if they’re not managed?
- How do we know old variables aren’t causing data issues that we just don’t spot?
In this video I’ll talk you though a scenario and explain how deleting variables within the script works (and when it doesn’t).
(Note: I’ve recorded the videos in highest resolution possible. So please view them in 1080 or 720P (HD) for best quality. Cheers!)
The golden rules:
- Declare all variables in the script (even those used in the user interface) – Remember to comment their use
- Delete any variables at the end of the script that are no longer required
- Before you release delete all the variables and run the script….. the dashboard should perform perfectly